Thursday, September 19

eye opener, in a different way.


My eyes were drawn to 'Doctorate in Islam' when my housemate came back home with this pamphlet from her university and invited me to this debate.

Doctorate in Islam. Whoa. That's good.

Such title. Even for a Christian. I don't think I could reach that phase. I'm not even a hafizah myself. Good on him!

Then I had a second thought. A Doctorate in Islam.

That must have lots of readings. Years to understand Islam.

But how could one possibly learn soo much about Islam, and is still a Christian?

How could one read soo much Hadiths, memorize Quran
and not see the beauty that the verses have?

The beauty that Islam has?

How could one not see that? And to debate which one is better, whoa. That's pretty brave.

Then I see how lucky I am, how grateful I should be. To be born from an Islamic family. To have Islam since birth. And then I see how precious and mahal His hidayah is for us. For all the mankind in this temporary dunya.

You see, Allah is never cruel to His creations; every man is given akal. And in his case as a Christian, wanting to learn about Islam is a chance that Allah has given to actually see Islam. His hidayah for him. But it looks like he chose to believe the other side. It's not like Allah didn't show him anything; he studies the Quran! The one book that has everything in there, the one book that nothing else can contradict. But he chose to deny what he has read all these years. And I believe that there, right there, Allah gave him what he wanted. Just like that. For that, I truly feel sorry for him. Sorry that he missed, or purposely left out all the truths and still do not see what a great man Muhammad (saw) was.

Subhanallah, You are the all-mighty. Please forgive me. Jesus, our Prophet, was great during his time, and Muhammad was great during his time. Peace be upon them both. But it was a really good debate, nonetheless. The twisted points you had may seem like the answer was a clear cut, but Muhammad was never like how you have perceived him. May Allah bless you, Faraz Nomani for standing up for the Muslims and defending Islam.

0 words found: