"It's nice to understand, though. And I do understand your perspective, Bella, I truly do. But I'd like it very much if you'd try to consider mine."
I'd sobered up by then, so I nodded and struggled to keep the frown off my face. His liquid golden eyes turned hypnotic as they held mine.
"You see Bella, I was always that boy. In my world, I was already a man. I wasn't looking for love - no, I was too eager to be a soldier for that. But if I had found ..." Edward paused, cocking his head to the side. "I was going to say if I had found someone, but that won't do. If I had found you, there isn't a doubt in my mind how I would have proceeded. I was that boy, who would have - as soon as discovered that you were what I was looking for - gotten down on one knee and endeavored to secure your hand for eternity."
He smiled his crooked smile at me. I stared at him with my eyes frozen wide.
"Breathe, Bella," he reminded me, smiling.
Eclipse, The Twilight Saga.



0 words found:
Post a Comment